Ankündigung

Einklappen

Hinweise zum Support / Note for Support

Bitte geben Sie bei allen Supportanfragen Ihre aktuell verwendete Scriptversion und Ihren Browser in den Fragen mit an.

Please note for all support requests give the actually Script Version and the Browser you currently used.
This is important for help.
Mehr anzeigen
Weniger anzeigen

<head> area is not complete

Einklappen
X
Einklappen
Derzeit aktive Benutzer in diesem Thread: 1 (0 Benutzer und 1 Gäste)
  • Filter
  • Zeit
  • Anzeigen
Alles löschen
neue Beiträge

• <head> area is not complete

Hi everybody. Testing 2.8j Template. Webhost provider notified that page title area is not complete and page Description is missing . Its usefull for google/ask search engine. Please put this 2 lines code in <head> area <title>My Site - Thema 1, Thema 2, Thema 3</title> , <meta name="description" content="Your Description" />.
    Does anybody knows where to do i have to put this code in ? Thanks.

Re: &lt;head&gt; area is not complete

Zitat von newbie Beitrag anzeigen
    Hi everybody. Testing 2.8j Template. Webhost provider notified that page title area is not complete and page Description is missing . Its usefull for google/ask search engine. Please put this 2 lines code in <head> area <title>My Site - Thema 1, Thema 2, Thema 3</title> , <meta name="description" content="Your Description" />.
    Does anybody knows where to do i have to put this code in ? Thanks.
    1. The metatag title is always in the generated HTML and contains the description of the page contents and the name of your station.
    2. The metatag description is not used, contains same info as title, but the metatag keywords is used instead.
    Example for the demo site = default values for any downloaded template version.
    Code:
    <meta name="Keywords" content="weather, Weather, temperature, dew point, humidity,forecast, Davis VP2, your area,  Weather, demo rel 2.8 initial settings WD , weather conditions, live weather, live weather conditions, weather data, weather history, Weather Display " />
    <title>Actual weather - demo rel 2.8 initial settings WD</title>
    Could you PLEASE post a link to the website you are using to test the template? That makes helping you and or answering a question a lot easier.

These questions can also be posted on the Template support forum where you downloaded the template in the first place: at Support for Leuven-Template for weather-sites
    Wim
    Zuletzt geändert von wvdkuil; 10.09.2016, 21:40.

Kommentar

AW: Re: &lt;head&gt; area is not complete

lentfoehrden-wetter.de, content= ..is not translated, most of keywords in english, thats why i think provider "called" as not complete...

Kommentar

Re: AW: Re: &lt;head&gt; area is not complete

lentfoehrden-wetter.de, content= ..is not translated, most of keywords in english, thats why i think provider "called" as not complete...
        Your provider contacted you that there was no meta name="description" and no title tag according to your first post.
        But both are present in all of your html pages, they are adapted to the content of the page and both are translated to the visitors language as you can see in the generated html.
        For your site check lines 12 and 27 in the generated html for the startpage:
        Code:
        <meta name="description" content="Aktuelle Wetter - Private Wetterstation DavisPro2 Plus in Lentföhrden Schleswig-Holstein" />.
        . . . shortened as there are multiple other meta and link lines . . .
        <title>Aktuelle Wetter - Private Wetterstation DavisPro2 Plus in Lentföhrden Schleswig-Holstein</title>
        Is he now complaining about the keywords also?
        Or is he complaining that they are not translated?

That seems very strange to me as those keywords are translated normally by Google search engines also.
        And I do not understand why your provider is so interested in these keywords / title / description texts. Most SEO skip them altogether. Google and other search engines are far more interestend in the contents of the pages.

But I will look into translating / localizing the keywords. This will be in one of the upcoming maintenance releases.

Maybe next time you could put the exact text from your provider in your post. Would really help to check what the problem is.

Wim

Kommentar

AW: Re: AW: Re: &lt;head&gt; area is not complete

Original text , not translated.
          Seitentitel ergänzen

Ein Seitentitel ist wichtig, da er in der Titelzeile des Webbrowsers angezeigt und verwendet wird, wenn Besucher Ihre Website bookmarken.

Lösung verbergen
          • Verwenden Sie Seitentitel mit 50-70 Zeichen und fünf bis zehn Wörtern.
          • Fügen Sie diesen Code im <head>-Bereich Ihrer Website hinzu.

<title>Meine Seite - Thema 1, Thema 2, Thema 3</title>

Seitenbeschreibung erstellen

Es ist keine Beschreibung für Ihre Website vorhanden.

Lösung verbergen
          • Ergänzen Sie Ihre Seitenbeschreibung. Eine ideale, aussagekräftige Beschreibung sollte 140 - 180 Zeichen enthalten.
          • Fügen Sie diesen Code im <head>-Bereich Ihrer Website hinzu

<meta name="description" content="Ihre Beschreibung" />

Kommentar

Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: &lt;head&gt; area is not complete

Original text , not translated.
            Seitentitel ergänzen

Ein Seitentitel ist wichtig, da er in der Titelzeile des Webbrowsers angezeigt und verwendet wird, wenn Besucher Ihre Website bookmarken.

Lösung verbergen
            • Verwenden Sie Seitentitel mit 50-70 Zeichen und fünf bis zehn Wörtern.
            • Fügen Sie diesen Code im <head>-Bereich Ihrer Website hinzu.

Seitenbeschreibung erstellen

Es ist keine Beschreibung für Ihre Website vorhanden.

Lösung verbergen
            • Ergänzen Sie Ihre Seitenbeschreibung. Eine ideale, aussagekräftige Beschreibung sollte 140 - 180 Zeichen enthalten.
            • Fügen Sie diesen Code im <head>-Bereich Ihrer Website hinzu

As I said already, both are there.
            You decide what the text is. The title you gave yourself to the page in the menu file, or the caption when there is no title
            and
            the name of your station as you specified in the settings.

Their example texts:
            And in your html of the startpage, the text comes from the caption keyword in your menu file:
            <meta name="description" content="Aktuelle Wetter - Private Wetterstation DavisPro2 Plus in Lentföhrden Schleswig-Holstein" />
            <title>Aktuelle Wetter - Private Wetterstation DavisPro2 Plus in Lentföhrden Schleswig-Holstein</title>
            or for another page, the text comes from the title keyword in your menufile:
            <title>UV Prognose und Warnungen KNMI - Private Wetterstation DavisPro2 Plus in Lentföhrden Schleswig-Holstein</title>and so on, and so on. Every page has these texts, based on the menu page name.

These are the lines in your menu file for these 2 examples:
            Code:
            <item nr="ws_marine" caption="Marine radar"                                               link="inc/ws_marine.php"/>
            <item nr="printUV"   caption="UV Index Forecast" title="UV forecast and warnings by KNMI" link="inc/printUV.php"/>

Kommentar

AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: &lt;head&gt; area is not complete

dont know why they notified me,everithing indeed seems ok. Anyway, I can live with that, thank you.

Kommentar

Hat diesen Beitrag gelesen:
              Lädt...
              X